The Veggetti is hands-down my new favorite cooking utensil. Buy it now! Seriously. It’s amazing.
The last couple days I’ve been turning my zucchini into “noodles” and topping them with delicious things like pasta sauce, pesto sauce, chicken, veggies, etc! I’m more of a warm food person, so salads aren’t my favorite thing in the world. But now zucchini is my new lettuce. Here’s what I whipped up off the top of my head today and man is it good! Try it out and let me know what you think! If you do, tag @mamaburnsfat and hashtag #MBFrecipes on Facebook, Instagram or Twitter!
This will only feed one hungry person so make sure to double according to your needs.
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 15-20 minutes
- 1 zucchini
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 cup pasta sauce (go organic if you can!)
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 1 small, precooked, boneless, skinless, chicken breast (I just used scraps from a whole chicken we cooked earlier this week)
- 2 hearty handfuls of fresh spinach & kale
- Crumbled bleu cheese
- Heat oil in shallow pan on low-med heat
- Veggetti your zucchini!
- Slowly place zucchini in pan, cover and cook for 5-7 minutes
- Remove zucchni from pain, strain excess liquid, set aside
- Add a little more oil, if needed
- Add onion, chicken, spinach & kale to pan. Stir, cover, and cook for 5-7 minutes (until onion is cooked through)
- Add pasta sauce, stir and continue heating
- Remove from heat, toss on top of zoodles (zucchini noodles!), top with bleu cheese crumbles & Enjoy!!
Feel free to toss any veggies you have in there! Think mushrooms, peppers and tomatoes!
Let me know what you think! I could eat it every day!